Windows Updates service did not work on Windows 2008 server
We have a few Windows Server 2008 in our customer environment. Few months back, we have an issue with Windows Updates service did not work on Windows 2008 server. This has caused a concerns by our customer. We have decided to share this as we have faced this issue 2 or 3 times before.
After some investigation, we found out that the Windows Update Agent was an old version and the cache data in %Windir%\SoftwareDistribution was corrupted.
- Install the latest WUA.
How to obtain the latest version of the Windows Update Agent to help manage updates on a computer
- Reset the cache folder of %Windir%\SoftwareDistribution:
- Stop WindowsUpdates service;
- Delete %Windir%\SoftwareDistribution;
- Start WindowsUpdates service.
Latest posts by Lokman Azli (see all)
- Tips Zoho Mail – Using calendar - 9 May 2019
- How to create a secure and easy to remember password? - 28 December 2018
- 5 questions to ask before choosing a Backup & DR solutions - 18 December 2018